by: Janeen Clark
I love the holidays! I didn’t always feel that way, however. In theory I wanted to love them, but in reality the craziness that always took over the entire month of December made it almost impossible.
The decorating with the tangled lights, the shopping with the long lines, the must have items you just couldn’t find anywhere, the invitations that clashed, the numerous holiday functions at the school which there was no time for, and those darn Christmas cards. I used to look at any person who actually got their cards out within the first two weeks of December as if they were Gods. My friends and family considered themselves lucky if they received mine by January 15th…Correction... They considered themselves lucky if they received them at all.
And each year it just seemed to get worse. More crazy -- more frantic. I actually started to dread the upcoming holiday season knowing that there would be no rest until December 26th.
That is, until I decided to put the Universe and the Law of Attraction to work.
I have been studying the Law of Attraction for over 15 years, and it amazes even me that I never thought to really test its abilities during the holiday season. It wasn’t until about two years ago that I decided to really “hand the holidays” over to the Universe to deal with while I went back to enjoying them.
So I decided to write a list. A play-by-play if you will of how I wanted my holiday season to progress.
First I started with a letter stating my intentions.
This year I choose to enjoy every possible moment of this holiday that I can. I expect you will handle everything I want accomplished smoothly and easily. I will watch for signs from you that will help things along and I am grateful in advance for all of your help.
Then I specifically stated my intentions:
1. Decorating goes smoothly and easily. Everything works perfectly. If there is some decoration that I will need to buy, I know you will urge me to buy it at the right time and place beforehand.
2. Christmas cards go out effortlessly. I will get the perfect picture of my son and find the easiest and most cost effective place to have the cards printed .
3. Presents. I will find every gift on my list with ease. I will pay attention to any nudges you give me and head to places you direct me to.
4. Sales. I choose to purchase all the items on my list at wonderful prices. I trust you to lead me to the best places to buy them at the right time.
5. Gatherings with friends. I trust that the timing of all social engagements will coincide perfectly. Me and every one else involved will be satisfied and happy.
There were a few more things I put on the list, but you get the idea.
Then I started my holiday season with the confidence that the Universe was working behind the scenes and watched as it unfolded.
1. Decorating did go much smoother than ever. I was in a discount store that was having a sale on Christmas lights. I felt the urge to pick up a few strands (about three I think) at a great price and a few other knick knacks I felt pulled to buy that were very reasonably priced. Sure enough when it was time to decorate, the things I purchased fit in perfectly to create the finished product with very little effort.
2. Christmas Cards. My girlfriend emailed me a picture she had taken of my son in October in front of a bunch of large pumpkins that I had forgotten about and it had turned out awesome! Then she recommended that I use an online Christmas card service that was much faster and cheaper than the place I had normally went to every year. My cards and envelopes arrived in the mail with 4 days and I didn’t even have to leave the house! What a huge difference from previous years of long lines at the photo place getting my tired and cranky son to smile. The cards were perfect!
3. Presents. I had written out most of my list of what gifts I had wanted to get certain people. Then I kept my eyes open. At times I felt led to check out a certain news flier, at others, I felt an urge to go to a particular website or store. Sure enough, not only did I find everything I needed, but quite often at a huge discount due to a sale. Quite a few of the items online even had free shipping. It was awesome!
4. Sales and discounts (see above).
5. Gatherings with Friends. Sure enough everything fell into place here as well. Where normally I had 2 or 3 invitations that would clash - this time the timing worked out perfectly. One would be a holiday brunch - another for later in the evening. (Actually one invitation did clash - but I didn’t really want to go to that one anyway, so I was glad I could say I had something else planned - Yeah Universe!)
Then last year came the best “miracle” of all. My son wanted the Wii system (actually I kind of did too). As you probably know last year it was the most impossible gift to find. The ones online were going for at least $500 and up each, and on principle I was not willing to pay that kind of money for a gaming system. So I decided to hand it to Universe.
This one I chose to write down on its own sheet of paper. I wrote down that I wanted to find the Wii system at its regular price by Christmas time and thanked the Universe in advance for supplying it. Then I did my part by telling everyone I knew to keep an eye out for the system when they were out shopping. (I can’t tell you how many laughs and “good luck with thats!” I received) but I didn’t let it deter me. I also envisioned my excitement when I received it and I envisioned my son’s excitement when he opened it on Christmas day.
Sure enough about a week before Christmas my brother calls me from his cell phone in disbelief. He was in Target just as a store clerk came out of the storage room with about 4 or 5 systems on his hand truck. My brother snatched one up before it even made it to the shelf! The funny part about this is my brother normally does not shop for Christmas. He is totally a gift certificate man. But he happened to need something for himself in the electronics section when he saw the clerk come out! I still get chills when I think about this. (No matter how many times the Universe comes through for me, I always get these chills. There is no better feeling!)
So it is time for you to get started making your own Holiday list for Universe. Think of it as your own private Santa Claus. And all you want for Christmas is to actually enjoy the holiday a little.
If this is your first time doing this, do not feel discouraged if things don’t fall in place immediately. Stay with it. Take notice of the little “miracles” that keep happening and let it boost your belief system. If you feel yourself getting stressed remember to go back mentally to your list and know that all is well.
Happy Creating and Happy Holidays!
About The AuthorJaneen Clark is a Spiritual Life Coach who has been teaching, studying and applying the Law of Attraction for over 15 years. If you would like more fun ways to use LOA visit her website at http://www.theveryhappyhuman.com