The law of attraction is an immutable universal law which governs how our lives work at the deepest level. It is one of the most powerful forces in the universe and has been reflected in different ways in many different religions and philosophies. Here are some definitions of the Law of Attraction that you have probably heard before:
* Like attracts like.
* Matter and energy are both attracted to things of like vibration.
* You are a magnet, attracting people, things and situations into your life.
* Energy attracts energy of like vibration.
* You get what you focus on whether you want it or not.
* Your thoughts have creative power.
There are also many common sayings that express ways in which the Law of Attraction works:
* Birds of a feather flock together.
* Like attracts like.
* Whatever you seek, seeks you.
* You reap what you sow.
* You’ll get what’s coming to you.
* Give and it shall be given unto you.
* What goes around, comes around.
Just reading these sayings can give you a glimpse of what the Law of Attraction is all about. The Law of Attraction is operating every moment to attract work, people, opportunities, money, answers and a lot more besides into your life. People are increasingly using this law to deliberately attract their desires into their lives, however the Law of Attraction is much more than a magic wand for manifesting, and will not provide the greatest blessings if simply used at this level.
Harmonizing with the Law of Attraction can bring your body, mind and spirit into balance and promote healing, peace, improved relationships and a totally transformed life. This will of itself enhance your ability to manifest your desires without this being your primary goal.
If you are interested in using the Law of Attraction to overcome real personal challenges such as recovering from trauma, the following four steps will help you to transform your life:
1. Stop talking about your problems. No matter how bad your difficulties are if you keep talking about negative feelings and terrible events, the Law of Attraction says you will attract more of the same into your life. This doesn’t mean that the same type of event or situation will come again, but situations and people that create the same negative energy in your life will be attracted to you. If you want the drama in your life to die down, try being silent. Don’t be discouraged if things don’t improve straight away, it took a lot of time to talk, think and feel your way into your current circumstances. So allow a little time for this energy to die down.
2. Pay attention to the way you talk to yourself. Most of our self talk is very negative. You’ll probably be shocked by the nasty things you say to yourself, once you start paying attention to your own self-talk. The words you speak to yourself reveal your beliefs about yourself and your place in the world. Identify those beliefs that are holding you back or are so self-attacking that it attracts an attack-energy against you from others as well as blocking the good that would otherwise come to you.
3. Change your beliefs and expectations. Another way to express the Law of Attraction is “you get what you expect”. If you have been disappointed so many times that you now expect disappointment (even subconsciously) then you will attract things that will cause you to be disappointed. In some ways, the Law of Attraction can seem very unfair and victimizing because if a person has been treated unjustly or, for example, and has been damaged by the experience, if he or she cannot forgive the perpetrator and release all negative emotions, more mistreatment will be attracted into his or her life. The victim continues to be victimized. It is important to understand that the Law of Attraction is impartial and does not judge the reasons for thoughts, beliefs and emotions and respond accordingly. Beliefs can be changed by challenging the relevance or truthfulness of the beliefs, using affirmations and with the help of therapies such as hypnosis, neurolinguistic programming and kinesiology.
4. Guard your emotions. More than anything else, our emotions have powerful attractive energy. If we regularly experience strong negative emotions such as anger, resentment or bitterness, these will cancel out any good work you are doing by using affirmations and controlling your thoughts. Develop strategies for coping with stress such as meditation, prayer, listening to relaxing music and exercising. If certain people and situations regularly upset you, stay away from them. Having calm, peaceful emotions most of the time is very important for manifesting good things in your life.
If you put these steps into practice you will be effectively removing obstructions which are preventing you from receiving your desires.
Most people would probably prefer to skip this hard work and go straight to using the Law of Attraction to manifest their desires, but if you will take the time to genuinely transform yourself, material manifestation will be all the easier.
Here are the steps for manifesting your desires using the Law of Attraction:
1. Know what you want. Be very clear about the details including why you want it.
2. Visualize yourself having already received it and imagine how that would make you feel this will create a positive attractive energy for your desire. You have, in effect, raised your vibration about it. Focus on this every day, as many times as possible.
3. Take action. This action needs to be inspired rather than humanly planned. Florence Scovell Shinn called it “following a hunch.” In a sense you are asking the universe to bring everything in your life into alignment so that you can receive your desire.
4. Be willing to receive it. This may seem like a strange step considering you have just gone through a process to manifest what you want. Yet, it is a stumbling block for many people. You may consciously desire to manifest something, but you may unconsciously believe you are not worthy of it in some way. If this is the case, you will not allow it to come to you. This is the reason that it is important to do the inner work first before you jump into manifesting things you want.
Feel thankful for your desire before you actually receive it. Trust in the processes of life and do not doubt because doubt cancels all your good work. Expect to receive it and be grateful for it. The universe will send it to you in whatever way it chooses. Do not try to control the way in which it comes. Trust that whatever is best will happen and relax. If you do this the Law of Attraction will work miracles in your life.
About the Author
Kevin Sinclair is the publisher and editor of my-personal-growth.com, a site that provides information and articles for self improvement and personal growth and development.